February is basically O-V-E-R. I know a lot of people don’t do the resolution thing anymore, but we all should have goals to reach by the end of the year. The excitement has died down all over my news feeds. I don’t see as many positive affirmations or confident posts about the year’s accomplishments to come.
Yeah I know life gets in the way sometimes. But guess what? It always will if you let it. It’s been awhile since I talked about productivity.
If you’ve lost the momentum to follow through on the plans you made earlier this year I have some ideas that could change that.
- Follow inspiring accounts: on your social networking accounts and even through email subscriptions.
- Wake up at the same time each day: it doesn’t matter how early or how late you decide to get up. Consistency is the key to keeping your body and mind in check.
- Set a schedule and make others respect it: if you’re a home based entrepreneur, student or stay at home mom, people tend to think that you have a lot of free time. If they only knew…
- Keep your phone out of sight and turned down: when I’m working on my freelance writing projects my phone is on silent and sometimes I even put it out of my sight. Want to talk? Want to do lunch together? It’s not happening until I’m done working.
- Be solid about goals but flexible in methods to reach them: I had January all planned out. And things didn’t go as planned at all. But at the end of the month I’m looking back and seeing that I unexpectedly met some goals early!
- Get a fresh perspective: in life, we aren’t always doing as great as we want. And this is when good friendships and networks come in. Someone on the outside looking in can help you develop good in your life and minimize the bad/unhealthy.
- Write down everything you do in a day: literally everything! Cooking, watching videos on You Tube, talking on the phone with an old friend…write it all down on a piece of paper and how long you did it for. When I first started my freelance writing business I did this exercise and it showed me just how much time I wasted. There’s a time to work and a time to play. The goal is to create a healthy balance between the two.
What are two goals that you plan to accomplish in March? Let’s hold each other accountable!
Until next time…