Sunday is Valentine’s Day. The day that people celebrate the magic of cupid using his arrow to make a connection between two lovers. Gifts are everywhere. Flowers are being delivered. And you’re single. Not to fret! Here is a list of 24 ways to celebrate on February 14th.
- Sign up for speed dating – trust me, you might be surprised at how many people will show up!
- Attend a concert – when has good music ever NOT lifted your spirit?
- Host a get together with a group of single friends.
- Book a day of pampering – a new hairstyle, manicure and massage OH MY! Bonus: book a male as your massage guru for heightened arousal. Thank me later.
- Exercise/attend a fitness class – who needs a lover when you have endorphins?
- Attend a sporting event.
- Participate in a wine tasting.
- Use the holiday as an excuse to eat all the candy you desire.
- Attend a comedy show.
- Cook yourself a fancy feast complete with dessert.
- Visit a museum.
- Go shopping.
- Go on a dinner cruise.
- Reflect on all the money you saved. – The average consumer spends $130.97 on this holiday.*
- Get excited about the subsequent sales on candy and other knick knacks.
- Binge watch your favorite TV show or movies.
- Win brownie points or extra cash by putting in overtime at work.
- Go skating.
- Babysit for a couple while they go out. Kids = lots of laughs.
- Play games at an arcade.
- Attend an art class.
- Dance the night away at a club.
- Make progress on a personal project.
- Engage in some retail therapy.
If you think that you are the only lone star on Valentine’s Day – honey think again! Even with so many prospective partners floating out there, self-love is the best love. So take time to celebrate yourself this weekend. But hey, while out doing one of the things listed above you just might find your perfect match. Sure you will then wind up being a consumer spending $130.97 on 2/14/17, but it just might be worth it!
How will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day? Do you buy into the commercialism of holidays throughout the year?
Until next time…