Cool fact – I submitted this to Buzz Feed because I was interested in writing for them. I wasn’t selected, but I still had fun coming up with these so I’m sharing with you!
Being a good friend is a lot of work. So why not cheat a little? Here are some ways to look like a superhero friend without overexerting.
- Call when you know you can’t talk. “Hey, just called to say I love you. Aww man, going…tunnel…hear you…” *calls drops* Bottom line – you appear as a thoughtful friend for calling (insert devilish grin)
- Keep cards and calendar of important dates. Did you really remember their birthday or did you set a calendar reminder and play eeny meeny miny moe with your stash of greeting cards? The world may never know…
- Randomly give away something you have multiples of. “A scarf? I’ve been meaning to get one; you must’ve read my mind, thanks!”
In your mind you’re saying – “Actually I got it on clearance and decided I didn’t like it. But you’re welcome!”
- Invite them over for QT when you’re too lazy to leave home. “Come over and I’ll make a nice home cooked meal for you!” Translation: “I was already going to cook this for myself. I can make it stretch for 2 people and I get to keep my PJ’s on.”
- Turn off read receipts. A good friend never blatantly lets people know they’re being ignored. Extra points if you come up with a good excuse. “Sorry so late, OMG I fell asleep early last night!”
- Eat their unhealthy snacks, not because you want to (though you really do), but because you want them to stay healthy.
“I’m only doing this because I love you.”
- Re-gift something you don’t want. “I saw this Christmas ornament while shopping and just KNEW you had to have it because…well, it’s your favorite color!” Yup, find a way to make it work.
- Treat to dinner – with a gift card that someone else gave you. Slide it discreetly into the restaurant check holder and “pay” for dinner like a boss. Ballin!
- Help them look for clothes that you “borrowed” without their knowledge.
“No I haven’t seen that perfect LBD you just got. But I’ll help you look. It HAS to be around here somewhere!”
- Buy a bottle of wine you know you’d like. “I brought a bottle of wine for the party. I’ve never had it before so I hope it’s good!” Oh please, you know you popped two bottles of that last weekend.
- Look like a sweetie pie by passing out the french fries. What you’re really doing is hogging the fries at the bottom of the bag. Shhh, no one has to know but us.
I promise I made all these things up in my head. C’mon, there’s no way I’ve actually done any of these.
Cool Fact: That’s my friend/2nd mom in the photo with me. She was the first friend that I made after moving to Georgia last year. Although this post is full of humor I appreciate her presence in my life very much!
What kind of thoughtful acts do you pass out to your loved ones?
Until next time…